Marie from Normal Everyday Life nominated me for a Sunshine Award at the end of last week and as a huge fan of the meme, it was an honour to accept.
If you haven't had the pleasure of visiting Marie's blog before, it comes highly recommended. Marie's a mum of five and loves to share posts about whatever's going on in her life... the good, the bad and the downright hilarious. I hope you'll pop over for a read...
Apparently, I'm supposed to share 11 random facts about me. So here goes...
1. My favourite sandwich filling is peanut butter and lettuce.
2. I volunteer as a teen mentor for a local charity and my daughters think that this is hilarious.
3. I met my husband on a blind date. He was the gooseberry and shared the same name as my date.
4. I always have a secret stash of chocolate somewhere in the house.
5. I am completely nuts about my twin daughters' cat, Kitty.
6. Mr A and myself were married in a cocktail bar in the Seychelles.
7. Orchids are the only house plants I can't kill.
8. I hate cleaning.
9. When I grow up... I'm going to be a magazine editor.
10. After telling my daughters to be careful at the ice-rink, I fell over and fractured my elbow.
11. I am really rubbish at parking.
Why did you start blogging?
I've always loved to write and wanted to commit to producing regular content about parenting teens from a humorous point of view. I've been astounded by the response to the blog and discovered that there are a lot of us out there suffering from exactly the same issues with our offspring! Since I started blogging, the content has diversified to include interviews and posts about travel, lifestyle and what happens when the kids leave home.
Are you an early bird or night owl?
I've always been an early bird and having a lie-in usually means that I'll feel rubbish for the rest of the day.
Who is your favourite author?
How one earth can you choose just one? It's like having to choose your favourite chocolate bar. And so, I may have to cheat ever so slightly and say that currently I'm enjoying anything by Jodi Picoult, but here's a link to a post about books that have inspired over the years
What is your guilty pleasure?
It would probably be sneaking off for a cat nap whenever the opportunity arises. I love a good snooze as I often sleep badly at night and can feel desperate to catch up after lunch. Half an hour later the world looks so much brighter and I'm raring to go again.
What is your all-time favourite TV show?
Can I cheat on this one too? And say, Have I Got News For You? I love this satirical show and think that Paul Merton is one of the most talented comedians in the UK. Obviously, I love a whole lot more than that, so here's a link to a post about what I really watch on TV when no one's looking!
Name three things on your bucket list?
There are dozens on there but here goes, I've chosen just three...
1. See the Northern Lights.
2. Move to Cornwall.
3. Create the perfect seaside pad.
What's your favourite way to relax?
Curled up on the sofa with a good book and a glass of wine. Can't beat it!
Do you collect anything?
OK. I know this is going to sound weird, but I keep all of the cat's whiskers. Who knew they fell out? I find her whiskers all over the house and can't bear to part with any of them.
|Just a few from the collection|
It's so hard to pick just one... but this recent post called Reverse Cinderella Syndrome was an easy one to write and summed up exactly how I was feeling at the time. That's my kind of blog post!
Do you enjoy appetizers or dessert more?
Ooh, that's an easy one and it would have to be dessert every time. Dessert is most definitely the highlight of any meal and I have a very sweet tooth. I love almost anything except raspberries.
What is your favourite season and why?
I love the simplicity of summer. Wearing summer clothes and not having to leave the house all wrapped up in layers is lovely. Days out and holidays and regattas and dipping your toes in the sea and not feeling cold... yay! What's not to love?
And my nominations for the Sunshine Award are...
1. Kat at Ginger Snap Blog
2.Claire Justine at ClairejustineOXOX
3.Sarah at Mum of Three World
4. Kim at Northumberland Mam
5. Anne at Raisie Bay
6. Amanda at City Girl Gone Coastal
7 Nell at Pigeon Pair and Me
8 Orli at Orli, Just Breathe
9 Sonya at the Ramblings of A Formerly Rock N roll Mum
10 Cathie at Wicked World of Lucas
11 Ting at My Travel Monkey
And here are my questions for them...
1. What's the inspiration behind your blog?
2. How do you like to unwind after a crazy day?
3. What's your most treasured possession?
4. Do you have any hidden talents?
5. What were you like as a child?
6. What was the last gig you went to?
7. Wine - red, white or rosé?
8. What's the best advice you've ever been given?
9. What were the last 3 things you bought?
10. In my next life I'm coming back as a ...
11. If you could go anywhere in the world for a holiday,where would it be?
Here's hoping you'll join in, but if you choose not too, that's fine. It's summer and you should be able to do exactly what you want to and make the most of the sun while it lasts.
Huge thanks to Marie for nominating me. I always love a good meme and coming up with the answers is always a fun thing to do.
Until next time...
Copyright©2014 Izzie Anderton