Mum of twin teens - nothing else scares me!

Friday, 18 October 2013

It's All About Me

I was tagged to do this by the lovely Lucas from Abstract Lucas. The idea originated however from the equally lovely Gina from Cold Tea and Smelly Nappies

Gina's daughter had come home from school with a booklet to fill in all about herself. She didn't see why her daughter should be the only one having fun and thought it an excellent idea to start a meme.

As I currently have no teenagers at home, I have to confess to having no idea what this was and looking it up: A meme is a mimicked theme (and rhymes with 'team,' not 'me, me,' which is how I originally read it) and is an idea, or action which spreads via social networks, blogs, email, or news sources. I'm guessing you already knew this.

I'm kind of thinking of it as a chance to get to know each other a bit better and maybe a bit of a confessional kind of exercise...

Anyway, here are my answers:

Tell us your name and what you do - It'll come as no surprise that my name is Izzie. I'm a full-time writer, blogger, teen mentor and gift editor at Inkling

I live at home with - my husband (long suffering), family pet, (rescue cat, much adored) and up until a month ago, twin daughters (Olivia and Sophia) - both currently away at university if you didn't know that already.

My favourite thing to do is - curl up with a good book, ideally with a glass of wine and a bar of chocolate.

My favourite thing to eat is - Italian food - risotto, pasta, pizza - all completely yummy and don't get me started on the merits of Tiramisu.

When I get cross I - am best left alone to fathom things out on my own.

Sometimes I worry because - my daughters have left for uni and I have absolutely no idea what they're up to!

My favourite book is books are - Featured in this blog I wrote a while back: My Life in Books

My favourite toy is - Most definitely my laptop - I can't live without it.

I dislike - Raspberries, olives, cleaning and wasps.

When I grow up I want to be - A magazine editor.


So there you have it, it's now up to me to tag another five incredibly talented bloggers (although it's entirely up to you if you want to do it - as Lucas so aptly put it in her meme entry - 'life's too short and all that!'. In no particular order whatsoever, my nominees are, these lovely bunch...


If you decide to join, please let me know and send me a link.

Have a great day.

Copyright © 2013 Izzie Anderton




 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for the tag! I will most definitely join in, but it might not be for a while, I have posts stacking up. It's great to learn something new about you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me 2 weeks to get round to writing this - but thoroughly enjoyed doing it when I did.

      Delete
  2. Great Izzie - thank you for joining in! It's lovely to get that bit more of a complete picture, you know? In case you haven't already done so, do post a link from my post and Gina's when you get a minute - and (pointless telling you this I'm sure, but do TRY to) stop worrying about your girls!
    Take care Izzie
    Lucas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, only natural to be worried when your offspring escape into the big, bad world and there's nothing you can do to as they're too far away. Have linked to Gina's post & I'm just going to add the link to yours too. Thanks for the tag x

      Delete
  3. Thanks, I'm really chuffed to be included in your line-up! I imagine it's a big change to not have your twins around. Bring on the chocolate and wine, I say (mine would be olives too, but hey, diff'rent strokes and all that!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome. Life's very different without the girls at home but at least I'm getting lots of time to work! and yes, everyone's different - nothing wrong with that.

      Delete
  4. This looks like a fun one to do and it was nice hearing some stuff about you. Hope the girls are getting on ok - looking maybe forward to a blog from them when they're home??? #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, had lots of fun writing it. Maybe Olivia will be tempted to write another blog when she gets home for Christmas - hoping so.

      Delete
  5. I feel like I know you that much better now Izzie :) I love tiramisu too! Thank you for linking to PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely for hosting PoCoLo each and every week.

      Delete
  6. Hi Izzie, thanks for joining in and linking up with the #AllAboutMeMeme. I have pinned and tweeted your entry :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for starting this Gina, have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the entries.

      Delete
  7. I love this post. I did mine a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it, though I did get a "we already knew everything about you" kind of responses. So I' thinking I need more mysterious life-stories :) Anyway loved yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Orli, was most definitely a fun thing to do.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

Kred Score

Follow on Bloglovin

© The World According to Izzie, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena